There are so many unique features in the neighborhood that are an integral part of the daily lives of the residents in our Highland Park apartments. The beautiful climate encourages walking and cycling, opening up a world of small shops, art galleries, amazing local eateries, and multi-cultural museums.
The best Highland Park restaurants and shops are centered on the two main thoroughfares, York Boulevard and Figueroa Street. Vintage clothing shops, cafes, and record stores thrive next to prohibition-era bowling emporiums and gourmet dining establishments featuring award-winning chefs. There is no other experience so rich, diverse, and culturally stimulating as Fig and York Living.
Popular Destinations in Highland Park
Residents of our Highland Park new apartment homes join other locals in calling out these highlights of the neighborhood. You may wind up one of the regulars at these amazing destinations when you join our creative community:
- Visit the Kitchen Mouse for vegan and gluten-free options ranging from healthy and green to their signature sweet snickerdoodle pancakes.
- Taste the buzz at Hippo, featuring award-winning chef Matt Molina’s famous pasta or grilled pork ribs while viewing mural artwork by a famous local street artist and activist.
- Slip into the Tinfoil Liquor & Grocery, where rumor has it if you speak a secret phrase, you can gain access to fresh-baked deli sandwiches made with house-cured meats.
- Try a different eatery every day and find your ambrosia among locally loved locations like Maximiliano’s Italian Restaurant, Joy, Civil Coffee, Amara Kitchen, Cafe Birdie, The Greyhound Bar and Grill, or La Cuevita.
- Stop in at the newly renovated Highland Park Bowl and experience a journey back in time, to a place where “medicinal” alcohol was prescribed during the prohibition era, and live performers have kept this a happening place since 1927.
- Enjoy handmade craft stands and art galleries like Judson Studios, the oldest stained glass studio in the west that has been family-run since 1897.
- Do some time in the area’s oldest surviving police station at the Los Angeles Police Museum, where visitors can visit the cells, take a mugshot, or even climb onto a CHIPs motorcycle or police helicopter.
- Walk from our Highland Park apartments to York Park, where your child, or your inner child, can experience an amazingly kid-friendly playground with a snake slide and tree-stump theme.
- Take flight to the Audubon Center at Debs Park, a 282-acre regional park that serves as a sanctuary for wildlife and people alike, with nature walks, night hikes, and more than 140 species of birds to watch.
- Find “Chicken Boy,” a 22-foot iconic restaurant statue restored to a proud place atop a local art studio.
- Catch a movie at Highland Theatres, where you can enjoy $5 new film releases and matinee bargains daily, for that movie theater experience and audience involvement you’ve been missing on Netflix.
Live in the Center of This Vibrant Community
Of the apartments near Highland Park, the best are right in the center of this eclectic community. Fig and York Living Highland Park apartment homes are the perfect starting point for the day’s experiences, and they are a relaxing place to end up when the day is done. Contact us today to tour your new home and start engaging in this amazing community.